Health and wellbeing
Children’s healthy development is vital for their learning and wellbeing and lays the foundation for a happy and healthy life. Families have access to a range of SA Health services and programs through Children and Family Centres including:
- Allied Health Program: NYCFC has an Occupational Therapists, who provides an allied health program to build skills and knowledge of staff to support children’s development.
- staff development sessions
- parent consultation
- parent and child group programs, such as Jump ‘N’ Jive and Playgroup
- Primary Health Care Services, such as speech pathology, occupational therapy and nutrition groups, young mother’s groups, fatherhood programs and Aboriginal health programs.
- Child and Family Health Services, such as maternal health nurses and child health checks.
- Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services, including visiting Specilist and support for families with their parenting journey.
Last updated: April 16, 2018 at 16:40 pm